As well as individual coaching for parents, I work with organisations to provide appropriate support for employees who have lost a child.
When an employee faces the loss of a longed for child, they require more support than just the legislated bereavement leave. There are a multitude of other tasks and support, some small and others large, that can contribute to the wellbeing of the employee.
Providing appropriate, sufficient and thoughtful support for employees who have lost a child can directly contribute to employee loyalty and retention.
As an HR professional, and as a bereaved parent, working with organisations to help them support other parents who have lost a child is something I am deeply passionate about.
Organisations and HR Practitioners
I work with businesses at both an organisational and individual level, as well as working directly with HR practitioners.
Together we examine;
- What are the appropriate support mechanisms your business can, and should, look to provide in the immediate to short-term?
- What do you need to consider to ensure the ongoing well-being and retention of these employees?
- What might be the longer-term impact for this employee and their role at work?
- What options may you wish to consider when looking at supporting them in the longer-term?
“I’ve worked with Rowena for over 15 years and throughout that time she’s been one of the single most positive influences on my life.
When I initially met Rowena she naturally took on a mentoring role and although things have evolved somewhat since then, I would still class her as one of my most valued mentors, coaches and friends.”
“Rowena is a truly inspiring woman. Before I met her I knew little about stillbirth and the silent impacts it has in our society.
She is really doing wonderful things to help women like herself and their families find their joy in life again after experiencing this tragedy. I also admire how she passionately advocates to raise awareness of and bring a voice to this issue in society and also the workplace.”
– Kate, Conscious Business & Career Coach, Melbourne, Australia. www.katemccready.com
Interested? Get in touch
To learn more or to speak to me directly about how we might work together, please contact me.